Friday, January 09, 2009

Life with a two year old...

I sit and look around my house and think, how did it come to this? I can't help but smile as I look around and see the markings of a two year old, my two year old everywhere I turn. Who else but a toddler could make such a mess? How do these things get here? You could also learn a lot about Noelle from where I was sitting before writing this (at the kitchen table).
  • Underwear in the corner of the room (our feeble attempts to potty "train" - I'm going to pick up a book at the library tomorrow. One of the counselors that I supervise asked me last night if I have an advantage in potty training because of my counseling background? Well, maybe I should but I think that I'm currently getting no where. I'll spare you the details that make my days so fun recently)
  • A sparkly princess sticker stuck to the wood floor (she told me these stickers were "MAGIC", oooh)
  • Rice all over the floor (this child loves rice - could eat it for every meal. It makes such a mess. She still can't eat dairy, wheat and peanuts. Doctor will hopefully retest her at 3)
  • Her little red Lightening McQueen Crocs. She loves Cars (the Disney movie). Ryan and I marvel at how Disney gets its name on everything. We have Cars' bandaids, sippy cups, vitamins, magnets, shoes, clothes, pajamas, bath bubbles, chair, etc. Ridiculous.

I could go on but am tired. And I should probably go tend to this house that never seems to resemble clean :).

We just had to get a new hard drive so my pictures aren't downloaded yet so I thought I'd share some thoughts. Pictures soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kaitlyn, oh how I understand you!!! We have the same mess here with Johanna who is carrying stuff all over the house!