Also, a great way to grow as you read the weaknesses.
Here is one of the main descriptions from this site:
ENFPs take their relationships very seriously, but also approach them with a childlike enthusiasm and energy. They seek and demand authenticity and depth in their personal relationships, and will put forth a lot of effort into making things work out. They are warm, considerate, affirming, nurturing, and highly invested in the health of the relationship. They have excellent interpersonal skills, and are able to inspire and motivate others to be the best that they can be. Energetic and effervescent, the ENFP is sometimes smothering in their enthusiasm, but are generally highly valued for their genuine warmth and high ideals.
I thought this next little blurb was pretty telling:
ENFPs may internalize anger rather than express it; their respect for other individuals makes it difficult for them to hurt others. An ENFP’s feeling of success depends upon the availability of opportunities to grow their understanding of the world, upon feeling that they’re living true to their personal value system, and upon the condition of their closest relationships.
This sounded like an important thing for me to remember:
When in Doubt, Ask Questions! Don't assume that the lack of feedback is the same thing as negative feedback. If you need feedback and don't have any, ask for it.
Under a list of weaknesses, this first one made me laugh. This is sooo me and I know it drives Ryan crazy. I try so hard to work on it but have found it is something so hard for me to change.
Uninterested in dealing with "mundane" matters such as cleaning, paying bills, etc.
May become bored easily
Have difficulty scolding or punishing others
I definitely see how this could have been a big potential for me, if not for God's work in my life and my own desire and journey towards healthy relationships:
As perfectionists, they don't like to admit defeat, and will stick with bad situations long after they should have left. When they do leave the relationship, they will believe that the failure was their fault, and that there was surely something they could have done to save the relationship.
So, are any of you strong judgers? I'm so curious.
ENFPs may also feel threatened by individuals with strong Judging preferences. With a tendency to take any criticism personally, the ENFP may find themselves irritated or emotional when the Judger expresses a negative opinion, believing somehow that the Judger is expressing disapproval or disappointment in the ENFP.
I've wondered why I came out as an extrovert when I know that I really need time alone to recharge. When I read this it made sense as I do experience a lot of characteristics common to an extrovert. I also sometimes lack follow through.
An ENFP needs to focus on following through with their projects. This can be a problem area for some of these individuals. Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves, and make sure they are moving in a direction which is in sync with their values.
So, this is much more for me than anyone reading this but I encourage you to check out your own profile. I'm sure there are some places to take the test online if you don't already know your personality type.
And friends, I would love to know your types!!
1 comment:
Kait! I know this is a couple posts down so I dont know if you'll see my comment but I am an ENFP too! I can't remember if I ever knew we were the same before but it makes sense :) I loved reading those snipets, they were different than some I'd read before and very insightful :)
Love you!
Katie
Post a Comment