
My neighbor (who has watched me grow up as well) came over a couple of days ago. I had my baby book out as we were comparing my pictures with Everly. She took a look and said, "That is how I think of your Grandma." I said, "to me she will always have white hair (because she did by the time I was old enough to really remember)."
As the day went on I thought about my response and how I think of my grandma and she has white hair. But what really struck me was how beautiful she is to me. And honestly I think that she could have green hair or no hair and she would be just as beautiful. In fact, I hardly notice what she looks like because when I see her I just see Grandma and all that represents.
Beauty. My kids don't care what I look like, do they? They will know me as mom and what that will represent. I hope that they see beautiful. And I know that my hair, make-up or clothes will not define that for them. My heart and actions will.
1 comment:
sweet :)
Post a Comment