A few months ago Ryan's mom proposed that she and Ryan enter the Tinley Triathlon October 4th and that we make a family weekend out of it. Ryan gave himself 5 weeks to train and get ready. And of course he was pretty diligent.
He realized that he didn't really know how to swim as he felt like he was drowning after a few laps when he first started. He found a great exercise on the internet that gave me a good laugh (I wasn't allowed to take a picture for the blog) where he sat with a large bowl of water on a tv tray at the couch, with goggles on and practiced breathing into the bowl. By race day he had figured it out.
He had started to panic a little with the realization that his mom's previous times were really good and there was no way he was going to let her beat him :). It was really cool for he and his mom to get all into this event.
Unfortunately it rained their entire race and I couldn't attend with the girls. But being the competitor he is, I wasn't totally surprised when he called to say HE WON! It was really exciting. Ryan won his age category and Julie got third! Here are some pictures. Good job guys!
3 comments:
Way to go Ryan. Who would of thought you would add Triathlon champion to your resume. By the way Kaitlyn, I will pay good money to see the pic of ryan practicing breathing in a bowl.
I know Joel, it was really laziness that kept me from going and getting the camera after he said not to. He even had his shirt off, it was quite a site. I'm sure you can picture it, he was very serious :). Thanks for commenting!
Big surprise that Ryan would dominate at triathalons as well as every other sport.
I want to see some of those training pics too... Always keep that camera close Kaitlyn.
Post a Comment