Thursday, November 17, 2011

Locks of Love

Here is the before picture of Noelle's hair. Months ago she saw a blog post on my friend Katie's blog. Katie's daughter had cut her hair and donated it to Locks of Love. Noelle determined to do the same thing.
Ryan and I were commenting tonight on how decisive Noelle can be. Definitely not one of my strong traits. Noelle makes up her mind about something and doesn't ever go back or hesitate about her decisions. Since deciding months ago to donate her hair she continued to bring it up and it really was her thing. She was ready.
So today, my friend Cheri came over to cut our hair. We put Noelle's hair in a ponytail and measured out 10 inches. Cheri styled it and Noelle ran to the mirror, coming back with a big smile on her face.

I felt a little hesitant about chopping all her hair off. It's never been short. But I knew I couldn't say anything to sway her not to do it. Not the message I want to send - that somehow her hair is important and she should consider what it looks like. So we embraced it and she's lovin' it. So are we. Good job sweet girl!

No comments: