Sunday, July 14, 2013

Summer Snap Pea Salad

On a field trip with Noelle's class to Tanaka Farms, I learned that snap peas have a ton of protein.  I wanted to start using them more!  Here is the recipe that I created tonight:

2 cups snap peas, rinsed and cut into thirds

2 cups spinach

1 cup cooked pasta (I cut penne into thirds)

1 tomato diced

1 small apple diced

1 avocado diced

Feta

Dressing:
Balsamic Vinegar

Olive Oil

Garlic Salt

Pepper

Sugar

1 hour before serving, I mixed approx 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp sugar, and salt/pepper to taste.  Then added the snap peas to soak.

Mixed all ingredients in a large bowl with the dressing and snap peas.

We had to write this down because we LOVED it!  Such a fun mix of flavors.  I also through in some basil because I had it on hand.

Felt very gourmet because we had extra strawberries that needed to be used so blended them with some basil and a small amount of water in the blender.  Added a little extra cold water and ice to create STRAWBERRY BASIL FRESCA!

A perfect end to our camping weekend.

No comments: