While on the topic of what things my kids will eat or not eat - whenever I make this soup they both eat so much of it. Natalie is a really good eater so far but still picky when it comes to vegetables. Noelle is a little pickier and then has her allergies to milk and wheat so its a little more difficult. (We hope that by four she'll be able to eat them). But they love this soup and eat everything in it. I'm considering making it once a week :).
1 lb or more Stew Meat
1 can diced tomatoes
5 cups water
3 beef bouillon cubes (I substitute a box of broth and less water)
2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 onions, sliced
3 celery ribs, sliced
3 carrots, sliced
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 ½ cups your choice of frozen vegetables (I usually add green beans and peas for sure and then whatever else I can find in my freezer).
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in slow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on High 6 hours.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on High 2 hours or more, or until meat and vegetables are tender.
2 comments:
Yummy! I'll have to try that one. My kids have become quite the picky eaters :*(
yay, thanks for sharing. i will try it soon! you know i don't know if i ever told you but i love your crock pot tortilla soup recipe - its the simplest and yummiest i've had so far. i have passed it on to many friends who love it too :)
Post a Comment