Noelle has really started to love making and drinking smoothies with me. We have one of those hand blenders and a big plastic cup and we make them multiple times a week. My cousin Lindsay gave me some ideas of what to put inside them and it makes for such a healthy treat. I thought I'd share our ingredients to add to the ones you may use and would love any recommendations.
Smoothie:
Vanilla Soy Yogurt
Juice (usually Apple)
Tofu (a big chunk of soft)
Flax seed (approx. 1 Tbsp ground)
Frozen Spinach (approx. 2 Tbsp)
Frozen Strawberries (handful)
Banana (half)
We experiment with all sorts of different frozen fruits along with strawberries (peaches, mango, blueberries, etc.)
Honey (approx. 2 tsp)
We just started adding a little frozen Acai (too much is too sour).
You can't taste any of the healthy stuff and the tofu actually gives it a really great thickness. They taste so good!
I wasn't really ready for Natalie to start drinking them (they have so many things I hadn't tried with her yet) but she wanted that cup so bad. I put it in the middle of the coffe table one day so she couldn't reach it. I went out of the room only to come back and find her sitting in the middle of the table downing that smoothie as fast as possible. She had found a nearby object to climb up on. She quickly looked up to see that I saw her and tried to keep drinking as fast as she could. So she joins in the fun now too.
Like Lindsay, we use those cool cups from the Disney store and just put our own straws in them.
2 comments:
That sounds good! I will try to make some for Johanna and for me! I realize how basic our recipe is... we usually put some milk, some bananas and a little bit of vanilla Ice cream... Thanks for keeping your blog updated. I enjoy reading it!
Helo, it's me again, I have tried your recipe today and we really loved it!! I have put a message on my blog about it :)
Post a Comment