I'm reading a book that has been challenging me, growing me and causing my brain to change it's very way of understanding and relating to the world and to God. This book is not so much providing novel information to me but rather causing me to connect things I might have missed before or stop and really dwell on the significance of information that I took for granted.
I would have never expected to find what I have in this book. In fact, I really had no desire to read it but Ryan kept saying, "I got this book, why don't we read it together?"
I feel so thankful that God would continue His faithfulness to me and teach me more wonderful things about Himself and all that He offers me.
I now have pages of quotes that I've jotted down. Many of them blow me away everytime I read them. I might share one from time to time.
"Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance," writes Archbishop Trench; "It is laying hold of his highest willingness." (95)
I would have never expected to find what I have in this book. In fact, I really had no desire to read it but Ryan kept saying, "I got this book, why don't we read it together?"
I feel so thankful that God would continue His faithfulness to me and teach me more wonderful things about Himself and all that He offers me.
I now have pages of quotes that I've jotted down. Many of them blow me away everytime I read them. I might share one from time to time.
"Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance," writes Archbishop Trench; "It is laying hold of his highest willingness." (95)
No comments:
Post a Comment