Thursday, April 01, 2010

Chocolate Chip Calzone


Ingredients
Chocolate Chip Calzone - 9/2/2002


1 pizza dough (Trader Joe's is where I find it)
3 oz. chocolate chips (or more)
3 oz. white chocolate chips (or more)
Vanilla ice cream
Chocolate sauce


Directions
Stretch pizza dough to 10" in diameter. Place 1 oz. chocolate chips (about a handful) at the bottom of the dough and fold once. Place 1 oz. white chocolate chips down and fold again. Repeat 3 times until all the chips are used. Pinch the edges of the dough closed. Bake at 450 degrees for 7-10 minutes until golden brown. Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with ice cream and cover with chocolate sauce. Serves 2.
Recipe from Brian Okada, Claim Jumper


This is a dessert that I love from Claim Jumper and my friend Julie posted it on her facebook. I've now made it a handful of times and it is delicious!

Make sure you leave your pizza dough out at room temperature for at least 30 min or it is impossible to spread. Once it has sat, I can just pull it into shape on my pizza stone. I spread it out just like a pizza and then begin the folding process.

I definitely recommend cooking it for quite a bit longer - maybe 15 minutes total. Just watch that it's not getting too brown on top! I cooked it for probably 20 minutes at 400 and it came out perfect. It can be deceptive though and you don't want it to be gooey dough in the middle.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I need a picture! :)

The McCarty's said...

Before you cut it open, it looks like a long tube about 4 inches across and after you cut it into slices, it looks like this yummy goodness!

Carly said...

YUM!! thanks, kaitlyn!