This girl is totally obsessed with animals. Whenever we've visited homes with animals she just can't get enough. We saw this cat in a friend's apartment complex and instead of running from the girls it rolled on it's back and wanted them to pet it. Noelle was totally taken, especially when the cat walked onto her lap.
Last week our little neighbor friends came running over to show the girls their lizards. The next thing we know they come back with this cage and ask if Noelle can have a lizard. I told her they wanted to give her a lizard and even have a cage for her. She was literally gushing, "Oh my gosh. Thank you so much. I always wanted a pet. I'm so excited."
We kept the lizard for a few days and she loved him but then decided to let it go because it seemed a little too sluggish. After letting it go Noelle cannot stop talking about wanting a cat.
Ryan and I have never been animal people. I know for sure I don't want a dog. I might do a fish but I refuse to do a hamster/guinea pig, etc. But because of her great love, Ryan and I are seriously considering getting a cat. We would have it be indoor/outdoor.
I would really love some feedback though. Is this a good idea? Horrible idea? Are your kids obsessed with animals? Is it a phase or enduring? Did having a pet enrich your life? Are you a mom that wishes you didn't have a cat?
Give me your thoughts and advice!!
3 comments:
I know it isn't for everyone, but having a dog is the best thing for us. Ingrid and Peet are best friends and he is the best with kids. I highly recommend it.
I am on the fence about animals for myself - I like them but don't crave their companionship. But I am in the same boat as you with my kids, they LOVE dogs and cats. In my childhood experience we had cats and they always seemed pretty darn low-mainentance, very cuddly (we had nice cats that would snuggle us on the couch or in bed). I can only remember a couple cat "injuries" in 10+ years of having them (we had a few different cats over the years). We have had fish, but let me tell you, cleaning a fish tank is nasty and fish die all the time. Not the same as a dog/cat in my opinion. Hope that helps - good luck!
you'd have to be okay with the fact that there are lots of people with cat allergies that couldn't come over to your house
Post a Comment